DOT is looking for top tech talent!
Our first Big Hairy Audacious Goal (BHAG) of DestinationsDIGITAL is to strengthen the federal IT workforce to support our mission priorities for Safety, Infrastructure and Innovation. Technology is a huge part of how deliver our mission and priorities.
- We have a mountain of data we need help organizing, analyzing and visualizing
- We need help implementing intelligent software
- We need to continue promoting cybersecurity
- We need Agile solution delivery
- We need smart people like you!
If you are interested in public service technology and DOT’s mission, we want to hear from you!
The federal government must attract top IT talent to modernize federal IT systems and deliver the most secure and effective services to the American people. To recruit the best qualified IT talent, in the most timely and cost-effective manner, we need to transform the federal IT hiring process.
The CIO Council has partnered with the technology hiring experts at HackerRank to pilot the first, large-scale, inter-agency code challenge. Code challenges are used extensively in the private sector to source and pre-qualify IT talent, and they are viewed as an industry best practice. The #CIOCode Challenge pilot program begins May 6 and includes three separate online skill assessments, which run for one month each.
If you are interested taking the government-wide code challenge to be seen by hiring managers beyond DOT, learn more about the federal CIO Council's Code Challange at the link below:
There are three seperate #CIOCode Challenges:
- first challenge for Front End launches May 6
- second challenge for Core CS begins June 10
- third challenge for Dev/Ops begins July 8.
DOT is hiring now for Cybersecurity and IT positions! Check out all DOT open opportunities