The Secretarial Internship Program is designed to provide interns with:
- Paid Opportunity to work in one of the Operating Administrations within the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Challenging assignments that will broaden their perspectives on transportation issues.
- Meaningful work supporting management staff in the coordination, facilitation and implementation of the operations in the office to which they are assigned.
- Access to participate in activities, innovations, and challenges facing the Transportation Industry today.
Internships @ DOT
As an intern in the Secretarial Internship program, participants will gain a full spectrum of professional experiences to leverage in their growing careers. Interns may work either part- or full-time in varying capacities within the Department.
The salary ranges from $15.89-$33.05 per hour. All Interns are eligible for benefits, including leave (all Federal holidays and 4 hours of annual and 4 hours of sick level a pay period).
This internship program is part of the OPM Pathways Program and is open to current students who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a qualifying educational institution at least half-time. Additional information on the Pathways Program can be found at OPM Pathways Programs.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen and meet Pathways Internship requirements.
- Review the Required Documents Section of the Announcement, as documents are required by the closing date.
- Must be enrolled at least half time at a qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
- Must complete a background investigation.
How to Apply
DOT is looking for independent, energetic, self-sufficient, and highly motivated students who are excited to gain government experience and learn about Department of Transportation Programs. To apply, please visit the following links.
- Step 1: https://dot.usajobs.gov/ - Review current DOT Pathways opportunities by typing “Student Trainee” or “Pathways” or “Internship” in the search tab.
- Step 2: https://www.usajobs.gov/ - Create an account on USAJOBS and sign up to receive information about vacancies meeting your interests.
- Step 3: Find the announcement to which you wish to apply, and select the ‘Apply On-Line’ button.
Once an announcement is posted on www.usajobs.gov, complete applications (to include all required documents) must be submitted electronically.
Current openings for this Program are Open Now!
Student Trainee (Program Support)
For specific inquiries on the Secretarial Internship Program, please contact Interns@dot.gov.