The Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance advises the Secretary on national and international drug testing and control issues and is the principal advisor to the Secretary on rules related to the drug and alcohol testing of safety-sensitive transportation employees in aviation, trucking, railroads, mass transit, pipelines, and other transportation industries. The Office publishes regulations and provides official interpretations on drug and alcohol testing, including how to conduct tests, and the evaluation and treatment procedures necessary for returning employees to duty after testing violations. The Office also coordinates the Department’s involvement with the President’s National Drug Control Strategy annually.
Most Viewed Documents
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations (49 CFR Part 40)
- Part 40 DOT - 5 Panel Notice
- Part 40 DOT - Employee Notice
- DOT "Medical Marijuana" Notice
- Part 40 DOT - Summary of Changes
Most Requested Information
- Am I Covered?
- Documents and Forms
- How do I find a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens if I 'refuse' or 'test positive'?