What is meant by “SAP’s own letterhead?”
• By “SAP’s own letterhead” we mean the letterhead the SAP uses in his or her daily counseling practice.
• If the SAP is in private practice, the SAP should use the letterhead of his or her practice.
• If the SAP works as an employee assistance professional for an organization, the SAP should use the employee assistance program’s letterhead.
• If the SAP works for a community mental health service, the SAP should use the community mental health service’s letterhead.
• The Department wants to avoid a SAP network provider requiring the SAP to use the provider’s letterhead rather than that of the SAP.
• The Department wants to avoid another service agent contracting the SAP’s services to require the contracted SAP to use the service agent’s letterhead.
• The Department wants to avoid any appearance that anyone changed the SAP’s recommendations or that the SAP’s report failed to go directly from the SAP to the employer.
• The Department does not want the SAP to use a “fill-in-the-blanks” / “check-the-appropriate-boxes” type of pre-printed form, including any that are issued to the SAP by a SAP network provider, to which the network or SAP would affix the SAP’s letterhead information.
• The SAP must generate and complete all information on the SAP